Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Toddler-ese

A day doesn't go by where we aren't laughing about something witty or just plain silly that comes out of Hailey's mouth. However, she also keeps us on our toes by regularly changing her mind and giving us some mixed messages.

She'll come up and ask us to tickle her, so we comply only to hear a very high pitched voice through uncontrollable laughter "No.....don't tickle me!!"

When asked to quietly say goodnight to Megan before her nap, she'll tiptoe into the room, give Megan a kiss and pat on the head and then yell as she's running out of the room "goodnight Megan!"

Last night we were playing with foam letters in the bath and laid out D-O-G. When we told Hailey that it spelled dog, she got all excited and said "you got me a new dog?" She DOES love her animals!

Hailey has been very interested in our wedding rings lately so we had a conversation about marriage and love. After asking several clarifying questions she calmly said "when I get married, I get a ring". I told her that was right and she perked up and excitedly said "When Hippo gets married, he'll get a ring too. That will be great!" I guess it's important to always be thinking of your favorite lovey.

Amidst the silliness, numerous mind changes, and sometimes unclear messages, one thing is absolutely certain: Hailey sure does love her little sister.

No comments: