Sunday, September 26, 2010

Songs to Remember

Hailey loves to sing. Not only does she make up her own songs to go along with what she's playing, but she comes up with great renditions of some of the classics.
While driving home one day, she had just completed a long version of 'Old McDonald' then started right in with 'Farmer in the Dell':
The Farmer in the Dell,
The Farmer in the Dell,
E, I, the Hailey-O
The Farmer in the Dell

As hard as we tried to tell her the correct words to 'This Old Man', this is how it always came out (although I think she kept singing it this way on purpose once we started laughing at her silliness):
This Old Man, he played one,
He played knick-knack on my thumb,
with a knick-knack paddle-quack...

Now, we'll just see if these versions don't get stuck in your head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very fun,,,, now I want a recording of the songs :o)

-Auntie Kirsten